Not planned Digital Products : Serial key list

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Profesor

Customer
Hi, could you please add a way for an admin to add a list of serials (comma/dot separated), and when a customer buy, he receive a mail containing the serial he bought.

e.g
serial1,
serial2,
serial3

When the user buy a key, it is deleted from the list.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll look into how feasible this is, whether I'll want to extend the existing digital download or whether I want to add a whole new product type alongside digital and physical.

I can't promise it will get implemented and if so, how soon it does get implemented. In the meantime, I would recommend keeping manual track of the stock of serial keys and take the item off sale when you run out.

Let's say you have 5 serial keys available for any given product. If you keep a text file on your computer with the list of the keys, you can then notice when you have sold 5 copies of the product (you'll receive email notifications from your payment provider when payments are received) and temporarily remove the product from sale until you can re-stock the keys.

You can then use the Order log to find out who bought what, and send them the serial keys.

I realise this is not very efficient, but it's a workaround that allows you to still use the software :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back