Question Notifying invitees

🤔

The problem with changing functionality like this is that the core functionality is commissioned, so I can't change things without getting the go-ahead, and I believe they wanted alerts.

Would it be acceptable to include the badge counter in the navbar tab when you have pending invites instead? That would be something I could change without conferring with anyone :)

It would still take you to the main social groups page, but it already has badges for the "Your group invitations" link in the navblock:
1722875968687.webp

Yes. An indicator on the tab would be awesome as the main page shows it as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-08-05 at 12.42.30 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2024-08-05 at 12.42.30 PM.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 0
Hi @Seeker-Smith,

I commissioned this add-on. :)

A problem with DMs is, that not everyone has opted in for receiving DMs: Some users don't allow DMs (except from forum staff). So, in order to respect the invited user's privacy settings, we cannot send a DM to everyone.

I like the idea of a red badge for the "Social groups" menu, if there are open invitations. Maybe also a banner on groups home with a link to the invitations would be handy. We have to keep in mind, that for most forums the majority of users are online with a smart phone, so they have to do an extra click/tap if they want to see the left menu.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. It never occurred to me about DM's but yes that is true.

The red number on the tab sure hits the mark for being visible, much like phone apps. I have a Discord addon that shows online users the same way. On a phone it also shows in the side menu which is also very visible.

All in all this addon has been well thought out and implemented. I rarely read my alerts so just thought a better notification for invites would be useful.

Cheers,
Peter

Sorry to jump in and change the topic. Has no one every wanted the ability to import a Xenforo node contents into Social groups? It seems to be the only other feature that would be essential.