Bug cannot download an attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

au lait

Customer
When editing a release - I wanted to download the attachment. Which doesn't work.
Apart from the fact that it is "my" contribution, I should be able to do this as an admin per se.

Screen_20180827111406.webp

Please provide more information. Why can't you download? Are you receiving an error message? What is the error message?

That was a deliberate design decision. Ultimately, when attachments are used as licensed downloads, it's imperative that no-one could simply obtain the attachment ID and use that to view attachments.

That being said, I have made a change so that attachments will be viewable to anyone who can edit the parent product.

This will be changed in the next version.

or per permission ;)
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. If you have permission to edit a product you already have permission, I don't understand what other permission you're referring to.

Not necessarily a good one! (no offense) but as an admin you should always have full control. No matter if he has a license or not.
But it makes no sense as to why you would need to download the product you just attached. Presumably it's already on your computer.

There was no reason to allow this in the past, and the fact that it has taken this long for anyone to comment on it means I was right in that :)

Hello @au lait,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x XenForo 2.3.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating