Bug licences do not expires

Status
Not open for further replies.
That depends on what exactly you mean by "expires".

If you want licenses to disappear from the user's license list after expiry, this will not happen. Users will always be able to download versions of your products that were released before the license expired.

What actually happens is; if you release a new version that is newer than the expiry date of a license, the user will see a permanent "outdated" banner in the license list, and clicking on the license in the list will display a notice saying "your license expired X, and the latest version was released Y. You need to renew your license to access it" or something to that effect.

Well i made a C# software that checks the usergroup of the user.?
My 'Buyer' role id is 3.
When the user login, i check if the user have this usergroup.
The problem is that the user still have the usergroup 3 after the licence expired

Last edited:
You can use the new "Temporary user group" feature to have user groups automatically removed when a license has expired. If you configured it prior to v1.1.0 RC4, the user group change will be permanent.

Even if you change the configuration, you won't be able to change this for users who purchased their licenses prior to you changing the configuration. You can manually remove everyone from the "Buyer" user group, then run the "Rebuild licenses" job in the "Rebuild caches" page in XF2. That will assign users to the "Buyer" group, and remove any expired users within the hour.

No, i just setup the latest version of the addon. I wasn't using before because it was too complicated for me.
What i did :
- from the adminCP, i set a licence that expires in 10 mins for example to user X
- user X have the Buyer role
- 10 mins after, the licence expired. But the user still have the Buyer role

Assuming you did configure the "Temporary additional user groups" feature rather than the "Permanent additional user groups", the cron job that expires these temporary changes is "Expire temporary user changes" in the XenForo 2 cron jobs page.

It runs once an hour, so it will take up to one hour for the groups to be removed.

Then that user had a license prior to it being configured as temporary, or the test user had a license that was considered permanent. I've tested this myself by manually running the cron, and it works.

Please take a look at these screenshots.
As you can see my user baba08000 don't have the Buyer role. he don't have any licences.
The product is well configured as temporary role 'Buyer'.

Well after few hours it worked but not when i manually make the query.
Can i change the time of each query checks?
For example, can it checks twice per hours?

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x XenForo 2.3.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
4.83 star(s) 6 ratings