Pending Redirects from vbulletin VBSEO to xenforo

vb2xf

Hello,

We are finally migrating an old vbulletin forum (started as vb3.5 then upgraded to vb4) with vbseo on it.
The test import went ok and the xenforo's URL redirects addon works correctly for the native vbulletin links. I can go to a link of that format and I end up in the correct place on xenforo.
The problem is that we've had vbseo since practically the beginning and all links to our content are vbseo links.
Some of them are relatively easy to rewrite to original vbseo links on webserver level (apache with rewrites in .htaccess), like those to forums, post, threads. However most of our links are of the type 'post within a thread' and have this structure:
Code:
domain.tld/forum-name/<threadid>-thread-name#post<postid>
and my understanding is that everything beyond the fragment identifier # is not part of the URI and thus this can't be done by the webserver

In my searches I saw somewhere that this plugin can be used as an intermediate step, but I'm not quite sure how that would work. Even if it can convert the links above to the original vbulletin format, that only works from within vbulletin and once I go to xenforo we're back to square one because the hits to xenforo would be of the vbseo format.

Can you help me with this?

Upvote 0
Back