Bug Validate billing country before payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minseok

Customer
This option no longer works after updating to the latest Xenforo 2.3 and 4.0.0 Release Candidate 2. My ip is reporting the correct city and country but always gives an error.

Other users have been reporting the same issue.

Here's the error message when trying to validate the billing country to IP.

Attachments

• brave_309u4NwAqT.webp
    brave_309u4NwAqT.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 4
There isn't any server error in the ACP that I see.

Does GeoIP matter if you aren't using VAT? Cause I noticed the license key was different when I went to change that.

I'm in the US and it gave me the same error. I had one other user in Malaysia who reported the issue initially which prompted me to self-test it. Was working fine in the previous version without issue.

If you don't use any kind of sales tax and you don't believe you need to accurately know the country people are located in (or the data from your payment processor is good enough to satisfy local regulation), you can probably disable the validation.

The validation exists, as you accurately pointed out, mostly to ensure people aren't trying to scam the system when the customer's location matters for sales tax/VAT purposes. In Europe, digital goods are taxed based on the customer's location :)

Hello @Minseok,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @Minseok,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte eCommerce has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte eCommerce

XenForo 2.0.6+ XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x XenForo 2.3.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating